Being Awesome is Awesome
Use your talent to make some more good in the world, and have it be celebrated for more than just how you earn a paycheck.
Awesome, for the sake of this event, is defined as someone who has some ability that they are fantastic at,
loves being the best they can at it, AND is interested in doing something with it beyond just earning a paycheck.
A gathering of 100 people who are self-declared as awesome.
Being Awesome is Awesome Fest is limited to 100 awesome people. Expect mingling and teaming up for
3 weeks with other awesome people to do an interesting project together that impacts the world.
Each team of 5 or so people will either take on a project from the Awesome Fest Project Grab Bag
or create one of their own. Three weeks later it's show and tell time,
and time to get acknowledged for the profound impact you have had on the community.
Join us at the Columbia Tower Club on Thursday, August 6th, ready to mingle, team up,
and formulate a project with awesome strangers.
Collaborate with your team on the project you
choose or create for 3 weeks. Be ready to give at least 5 hours a week (no more than 10 will be expected).
Come back to the follow up event Wednesday, August 26th ready to share what you and your
team accomplished on your project, and celebrate in style.
- Use your talent to make some more good in the world, and have it be celebrated for more than just how you earn a paycheck.
Meet and be inspired by a boatload of like-minded folks.
Have an interesting project that you were part of, and if you wish add a brag-worthy feather in your
cap. (We are happy to display it prominently on this site for all to see.)
Know yourself as awesome, and make a difference in your community.
Being Awesome is Awesome Fest is not for everyone.
Not everyone's gonna want to do some random project with a bunch of strangers they just met.
That's cool, we understand that. We don’t expect that everyone should. This is only for people who
have a talent they rock at and want to do some good in the world by sharing it.
Sound like your kind of party? Fantastic. Join the Awesome.
Event One: Inspiration
Thursday, August 6th, 2015
The Columbia Tower Club (map
Meet, mingle, team up, and formulate a project with awesome strangers.
Event Two: Show & Tell
Wednesday, August 26th, 2015
The Columbia Tower Club (map
Celebrate the awesome.
In great detail...
August 26th Event Logistics
Where to be:
- Same location, the The Columbia Tower Club(map)
How the event will flow:
- 6:30pm - doors open - mix, mingle and reconnect
- 7:00pm - MC opening remarks
- 7:10pm - group presentations/show and tell
- 7:40pm - closing remarks
- 7:50pm onward - party to celebrate the Awesome
What to bring:
- Anything useful to present the results of your project
- Brainstorming supplies (pens, paper, your iPad or laptop, whatever suits), just in case
- Your keen willingness to collaborate, play, and be inspired
What to expect:
- Drinks and delicious appetizers
- Really awesome people
What to do beforehand:
- Be in touch with the folks in your group if you haven't been lately.
- Prepare whatever it is you'll share/show off about your project, including what worked and what didn't work
(this is an experiment so it's completely ok if you don't have much to brag on at this point).
- Post an update of what's shakin' with your project these days.
- Again, get stoked.
See you on the 26th.